AYUMETRIX always welcomes positive attitude, unmatched enthusiasm, new talent, innovative ideas and a strong desire to be creative and excel. If you have those qualities, then email at firstname.lastname@example.org and share your vision and how you see yourself becoming a part of our team.
We also offer internship programs in several areas including scientific and marketing. Please contact us to find out more about how our team can help you enhance your professional skills
Research Assistant/ Lab Technician
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
Summary/Purpose: AYUMETRIX is a diagnostic laboratory using technologies of the future to test blood and other body fluids and looking for a dynamic individual with creative abilities who can work with little supervision and as part of a multidisciplinary team of scientists.
The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge and experience of ELISA technology and assay development. Should be able to work independently and carry out scientific techniques, procedures and research related to goals of the laboratory. This position reports to the Laboratory Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify and employ new technologies for immuno-assay development.
• Independently design, plan and conduct laboratory experiments in support of new product development.
• Identify and resolve problems in experimental design.
• Maintain good laboratory records and presentation of regular internal research reports.
• Prepare progress reports including gathering, organizing, and interpreting data and preparing data for presentations and manuscripts.
• May train and/or supervise lab aides/techs.
• Prepare laboratory reagents, chemicals, stocks.
• Operate a variety of laboratory instruments such as spectrometers, chemistry analyzers, immunoassay-analyzers. Knowledge of Mass Spectrometry is a plus.
• Maintain adequate level of lab supplies to assure timely achievement of lab activities.
• Adjust, calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment.
• Perform literature searches in preparation for new test products development.
• Monitor experiments, make observations and assess results.
• Enforce proper collection and disposal of hazardous laboratory waste.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences or equivalent experience and/or education
• Work experience in a clinical or scientific research laboratory. Diagnostic laboratory experience is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
• Must have strong communication, mathematical, computer, data analysis, and statistical analysis skills. Will also need knowledge of proper operation of complex laboratory instruments and equipment. Must have good verbal and writing skills, and have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Experience running ELISA and immunoassays, especially using dried blood or saliva samples is a big plus.
Please note: Most important is a POSITIVE ATTITUDE to be a part of AYUMETRIX family.